The SIDS Family Association Japan was founded in 1993 to help families who have suffered a loss of a baby for any reason including miscarriage, stillbirth, perinatal death or infant death.
Our accomplishments include
- forming chapters throughout the country that hold regular meetings where bereaved parents can meet and support each other
- developing materials in Japanese that support bereaved parents and educate health professionals
- starting a SIDS prevention campaign in 1995 that has lead to more than 50% reduction of SIDS in Japan
- holding biennial conferences in different locations throughout Japan
- holding the 9th SIDS International conference in 2006
- being active in the network of international organizations
The SIDS Family Association Japan
has three main goals:
- to support families in Japan who have lost a baby for any reason
- to educate Japan about SIDS, stillbirth and other types of infant death as well as how to care for bereaved families
- to support research on SIDS, stillbirth and other types of infant death
The 2014 International Conference on Stillbirth, SIDS and Baby survival; global action needed!
The 2014 the International SIDS and Stillbirth Conference will be held September 18-21 th in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
This conference will be held in conjunction with the Annual Meetings of ISA and ISPID. At the Congress the aim is to exchange preventive measures and successful strategies that have been developed to prevent infant death.
Click here for related information.
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0042 Japan